Question: We are military, currently stationed in Pennsylvania, but our official state of residence is Texas. We bought a home this April 2009 in Pennsylvania and received the first time homebuyer\'s credit on our 2008 tax return last year. Does that affect our state of residency? Will we need to pay taxes to the state of Pennsylvania?

FDRLO is not in a position to offer tax advice. You should contact the Army JAG office or the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Officer for your unit.  We are not qualified to answer your question on residency or where you may need to pay taxes.

There are currently no comments to view.
Submit a comment
If you would like to be notified when this question has been updated, enter your email address below and click "SUBSCRIBE."

return to results
Sunset on the St. Lawrence River
Clayton, NY: Sunset on the St. Lawrence River.