Question: If your a single E-3 stationed at fort drum with a child on the way can you live off post? My fiancèe is 15 weeks pregnant and is living at a buddies house off base and I want to stay with her. So can I live off post or is there an ar that says I can't?


The Service Member is not entitled to any type of housing allowance until the child is born and the Birth Certificate shows him as the father and he goes to the finance office to start the entitlement, or the Service Member gets married and takes a copy of the Marriage Certificate to the finance office to start the entitlement.

Without the entitlement the Service Member will be assigned a barracks room on the installation and it would be a Chain of Command decision if they let him reside off the installation, keeping in mind that he would still be required to maintain a barracks room.

There are currently no comments to view.
Submit a comment
If you would like to be notified when this question has been updated, enter your email address below and click "SUBSCRIBE."

return to results
Sunset on the St. Lawrence River
Clayton, NY: Sunset on the St. Lawrence River.