Question: Does the service member have to be married in order to live off base?

Only single or without dependent (s) E1 – E5 get billeted in barracks.

Single E-6's must live off Post, not in Barracks.
They must secure something on the economy.
The current housing allowance to do so is $781 per month (the E-6 BAH rate without dependents). 

Check and the Housing Information area here on for help finding a suitable place.

There are currently no comments to view.
Submit a comment
If you would like to be notified when this question has been updated, enter your email address below and click "SUBSCRIBE."

return to results
Sunset on the St. Lawrence River
Clayton, NY: Sunset on the St. Lawrence River.