Question: do single a e6 get off post housing

Only single or without dependent (s) E1 – E5 get billeted in barracks.

Single E-6's must live off Post, not in Barracks.
They must secure something on the economy.
The current housing allowance to do so is $781 per month (the E-6 BAH rate without dependents). 

Check and the Housing Information area here on for help finding a suitable place.

Submitted By: julius miley on 02/08/2007 - how much is bah for e6 with dependants.
Submitted By: Kathy on 02/08/2007 - 2007 BAH rate at Ft Drum for E-6 with dependents is $1,174
Submitted By: juilus miley on 03/06/2007 - How hard is it to get off post housing?
Submitted By: Kathy on 03/06/2007 - First stop for soldiers and families considering off post housing should be Ft Drum's Community Relocation and Referral Service office. Look for it on the Fort Drum website - or call 315 772-9397; 772-8542 or 772-6380. Check out the ideas on this website under RELOCATION: Housing. Finding a new place won't happen overnight. It's an important decision. Give it your best attention. Good luck.
Submitted By: Anonymous on 10/31/2008 - Single E6 and above will soon have the opportunity to live on-post in the Timbers - an apartment complex exclusively for single and unaccompanied soldiers. Rent is determined by a "market-rate" system, not BAH, so soldiers pay pocket a portion of their housing allowance. Contact or 315-955-6817 for more information.

Submit a comment
If you would like to be notified when this question has been updated, enter your email address below and click "SUBSCRIBE."

return to results
Sunset on the St. Lawrence River
Clayton, NY: Sunset on the St. Lawrence River.